CrystalFyre Gaming and Communtity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFyre's Gaming and Chat hangout

HomeNewsLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Cpt. Pantsu's List of Things that Suck
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:42 am by silinrul darastrix7

» 2 Man Multi Team Deathmatch for Sunday the 12th - Test Tourney 2 - CLOSED
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 pm by Admin

» 1/27/12 Free For All Black Ops 2 Tourney Sign Up Sheet - Open
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 pm by anounymosgangz

» Test Tourney for Black Ops 2 -ENDED
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm by Evoneli

» Testing Phase for Streaming
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 pm by Evoneli

» Trunks has been Banned.
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 am by JGNo3

» World domination
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 pm by Filrena

» Tower of sin
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:18 pm by silinrul darastrix7

» (OOC) Tower of Sin
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:12 am by silinrul darastrix7

» Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm by Filrena

» God Dammit Joel...
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:47 pm by silinrul darastrix7

» Forum Pager: Evon!!!!!!
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:30 pm by Kuroryuu

» News: New Launchable Music Player & Note to New Members
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:53 pm by Evoneli

» How to earn Trophies in Fat Princess/ Trophy Help
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:06 am by Evoneli

» Epic win
Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:38 pm by silinrul darastrix7

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 112 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:26 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Evoneli
Admin
Evoneli

Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! Empty
PostSubject: Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do!   Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do! EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 1:29 pm

Alrighty, I've come across some interesting features on this forum in its building, and I noticed not a lot/any of you using them. So I thought I'd share. =) ( If you noticed, sometimes the boards are html glitchy and wont let you paste it as you wish. Here's how: )

Posting:

Changing the topic color - Right under the Subject line, there is a box that reads " None". You are able to change the color of your topic if you wish. Note this is a dark colored forum, so bright colors will be easier to read.

Posting Pics- Almost right under the Bold letter B, you will see a pic with a file on it. If you don't have your pic uploaded to the internet ( Like Photobuckted for EX) then you need to upload it with that feature. It will give you a direct link to you pic, Follow step 2 below!

Posting Pics Cont- Ok, So you have a pic link, how do you share it? Well click the Pic button, right next to the one with a file on it. It will ask you for a pic url. Insert it and select ok. Note: When posting a pic, to have it where you want you must click that button when you are ready to post a pic. It will auto put the link at the bottom of what you just typed and i dont believe you can move it after that. So make sure you said what you wanted before you post the pic. You can post more or type after it if you like)

Posting a Link with Clickable Txt- Click on the Link Icon next to the Pic one. The top line is for your url, the next, if you wish to use it, will make a clickable txt to go along. For Ex: Crystal Fyre!

Posting Flash- If you know a direct url of a flash video ( You can find it in the Embed code if you look closely) just click the little F icon to the right of the Link Icon. If will ask you how Big and the url. The first box is you Video WIDTH, the other is its Height. If you arnt sure ( You can always use your Preview button, instead of hitting Send on your post to see) look closely at its embed code. It should have something in it like "width = 200 height= 400 " Line. Use that. Please credit the user also.

Posting Video-- For some reason the Forum only supports YouTube video links and Daily Motion. To use this feature click the video link and it will ask for a url. This is not the embed code. You should see a direct link to the video from either site somewhere, usually on the right of the page.

And more! In the others catagory, you can choose to display if your post contains spoliers in it ( maybe for a movie or such) and other contest. Give it a click. Also, the ? Icon is VERY useful. If you want to know the BBcode of this forum, it will list it for you.

Spell Check and Special Features! On the bottom row of icons, you will notice a button that has a little A and a small A. Click that to preview your txt effects and your spelling for your posts. ( IE: You used a bold tag, it will give you a preview of your post with that included )

Your Signature!- Make sure in your profile preferences you check off the box that says attach my sig, or it wont show up =(. Also, Any Gifs, or animated pics dont seem to work right now, so stick to Jpeg.

(Options Below the 'Send and Preview Box")

Depending on your rank, you will notice a list of options under your posting box. They range from allowing BB code to work, down to letting you know via email if someone replies to your posts.

Polls- If you want to make a poll ( I think this option is only available to you when making a topic, not a reply) then feel free. The space to title your poll is really small, so keep that mind. To post options ( Up to 10 for now) Just type them in the provided box. Hit enter after every option. You also have an option for how long you would like your poll to run if you choose, and if you would like to allow people to retract their votes if they change their mind and make a mistake ( Handy, actually), and another for multiple choice answers.

That is it as far a posting goes. To keep this organized, I'll make my next post based on the forums special features, and leave this one to just how to post.

If I missed anything, or you have any questions, feel free to reply to this. =)
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalfyre.com

Posting - Special features, and what all thoes damn Icons do!
Page 1 of 1