CrystalFyre Gaming and Communtity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFyre's Gaming and Chat hangout

HomeNewsLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Cpt. Pantsu's List of Things that Suck
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:42 am by silinrul darastrix7

» 2 Man Multi Team Deathmatch for Sunday the 12th - Test Tourney 2 - CLOSED
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 pm by Admin

» 1/27/12 Free For All Black Ops 2 Tourney Sign Up Sheet - Open
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 pm by anounymosgangz

» Test Tourney for Black Ops 2 -ENDED
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm by Evoneli

» Testing Phase for Streaming
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 pm by Evoneli

» Trunks has been Banned.
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 am by JGNo3

» World domination
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 pm by Filrena

» Tower of sin
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:18 pm by silinrul darastrix7

» (OOC) Tower of Sin
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:12 am by silinrul darastrix7

» Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm by Filrena

» God Dammit Joel...
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:47 pm by silinrul darastrix7

» Forum Pager: Evon!!!!!!
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:30 pm by Kuroryuu

» News: New Launchable Music Player & Note to New Members
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:53 pm by Evoneli

» How to earn Trophies in Fat Princess/ Trophy Help
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:06 am by Evoneli

» Epic win
Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:38 pm by silinrul darastrix7

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 112 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:26 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
silinrul darastrix7
silinrul darastrix7

Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds   Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 9:33 am

THis is basically a setting I've made, and will probably use. Copy-Paste job go!

Alrighty then... This actually wont take too much explanation I hope, so let's start this out. I'm going to warn you right now: this -is- partially centered around a couple characters I've created in the past, but remember that I'm not focusing on them so much as the world they come from, because I think the world they come from is nothing short of perfect for what we're looking for. So with that, I'll get started.

So like so many good ways to illustrate an idea, I hope to draw you a picture using words. Imagine if you will, a sphere. The sphere is very, VERY small in diameter compared to it's surroundings. This sphere is perfectly symmetric, and in the very center of this picture. No matter where you look, things connect to this sphere somehow.

Branching off from this sphere is a string attatched to said sphere. This string stretches out a good distance away from the sphere, and is several times the sphere diameter. Imagine next to this string, there is another one that is shorter than the first, and next to that one, there is one longer than the first. This process repeats, as strings of various lengths attatch themselves to the sphere in the center in the pattern of another sphere. The number of these strings soon reaches infinity.

So essentially, you have two spheres. One is very small compared to its surroundings, but it is solid. One is much larger and surrounding the center sphere, but it is made up of several strings.

Starting from the outside then, you have all the strings. You can call them worlds, dimensions, universes...everything fits the bill. They range from primative, stone age timeframes to supertech robotic ages and beyond. They can mirror our own world, or be dynamically different on every level. You can have as many differences in them as you have strings...in other words, infinity. Some strings might even be destroyed at times...but they're usually replaced. Not that it matters, since it's hard to destroy a portion of infinity, yes? (Calculus aside of course).

Now we come to traffic between these strings. Traffic through the worlds and realities, via magic or technology, or any other type, briefly touch the center sphere, and then move to the string sought. It may be known or not to the traveler, but it happens. Those of you versed in the ways of DnD Planar Travel, think a similar idea as to how the astral plane is used.

Now comes the part heavy on my own theology of the system I created...

The honest, most important point to this all though is the center sphere. It is solid, unchanging, finite, everlasting...and above all, guarded. There is one guardian to this sphere, because one is all there needs to be. His power doesn't extend beyond that realm of influence because that's where his job lies. Be you god or devil, or some sort of powerful mortal, entering this sphere puts you under his influence, and all powers within it answer to him in his realm, period (I'll explain this in a bit of detail in a seperate section below). This guardian only ever answers to "the grand scheme," of which has a complexity more than even the most clever of gods can possibly comprehend. Explaining the scheme itself, of course, fits into this, so explination can't actually happen...

This guardian is also a gatekeeper for the traffic between the worlds. Essentially, it is up to this gatekeeper if traffic actually goes through or not. The good news on that is, it's almost never stopped. If anyone has the means, they usually have the way. Entrance into the center sphere itself though is another matter. Typically that too is free... but the guardian of the area has before in the past ejected people he didn't see fit to stay, or outright denied them access. It all goes to "the grand scheme".

So, let's cut some BS here and say it in much plainer terms now:

This guardian -is- a character I've created in the past, and yes, he is possibly the biggest god mod you can ever have, assuming you're in the center realm. The good news is, there's only one situation I'd ever use him in such a context where he has such power, and that is if this story was followed in full -AND- for some reason, someone wished to start a roleplay within the center realm. Saying it plainly, I probably will never do so unless asked to do so, unless it is -purely- a social Rp where you just want your characters to hang around and... erm, hang around. The reasons why are 1) It'll end up a tavern Rp of some kind, and those bore me on a few ends, and 2) this goes -much- farther into my story... a story that is 15 years in the making, and I dont particularly have patience to explain a full 15 years of work unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

Alright, so, there you have it kids. -NOW- I'm finished. You may do with this as you will.

A side note though: I -am- taking requests for starting roleplay ideas on...well, just about anything (provided of course I have knowledge of it). If you'd like to collaberate with me to start one, you can always reach me via messanger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.notarealsitedontclickthis.com
Karruma
Head Moderator
Head Moderator
Karruma

Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds   Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 2:19 am

Your ideas are interesting. I'm keen to start up an rp along some lines such as those, so if you're waiting for pplz count me in!
Back to top Go down

Setting Profile: Crossroads of Worlds
Page 1 of 1