CrystalFyre Gaming and Communtity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CFyre's Gaming and Chat hangout

HomeNewsLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» Cpt. Pantsu's List of Things that Suck
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyMon Oct 13, 2014 5:42 am by silinrul darastrix7

» 2 Man Multi Team Deathmatch for Sunday the 12th - Test Tourney 2 - CLOSED
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 10:38 pm by Admin

» 1/27/12 Free For All Black Ops 2 Tourney Sign Up Sheet - Open
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 6:59 pm by anounymosgangz

» Test Tourney for Black Ops 2 -ENDED
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 11:01 pm by Evoneli

» Testing Phase for Streaming
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 6:34 pm by Evoneli

» Trunks has been Banned.
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 1:11 am by JGNo3

» World domination
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 12:39 pm by Filrena

» Tower of sin
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 5:18 pm by silinrul darastrix7

» (OOC) Tower of Sin
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 12:12 am by silinrul darastrix7

» Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm by Filrena

» God Dammit Joel...
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:47 pm by silinrul darastrix7

» Forum Pager: Evon!!!!!!
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 7:30 pm by Kuroryuu

» News: New Launchable Music Player & Note to New Members
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 11:53 pm by Evoneli

» How to earn Trophies in Fat Princess/ Trophy Help
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:06 am by Evoneli

» Epic win
Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 10:38 pm by silinrul darastrix7

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 112 on Tue May 14, 2019 4:26 pm
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Filrena

Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. Empty
PostSubject: Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.   Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 11:35 am

...Oh ironic the things spoken. I'm going to deliberately avoid being offended or thinking badly of you two because my respect, but I can't help but have been pissed about this enough to having been put off from an RP mood the whole day yesterday.

The descriptions ARE simple. I in fact leave plenty of details untouched. Take any segment of the post, and check if I overelaborated on anything. Do you know what kind of stone the statues in the intermission room are made of? The source of light in any of the house's rooms? Hell, anything about the bathroom?
No, you don't, I left these details in the air so there isn't so much information overwhelming. (though I gave a stronger effort by the time I was writing the house than when I was describing the outside)
I got what was there, but never very much about them.

What I see you complaining about is that the post is long. Well guess what? I have to cover the way a house looks and not completely deprive the reader of any kind of basic feel for how Rujin would set up a house for herself and Aji in.
Another thing that could have gotten in the way of that is how I can word things weirdly sometimes. Sorry, but if that's it, then you're completely fucked: Asking me to read from a reader's perspective if my wording style is good is simply not going to get anywhere? Or do I have to go and hire someone to read my posts for me whenever I RP? Hmm?
Also, I cut some details (I cut short the description of the humanoid for simplicity, for example) when I didn't want to, but I did it to try to help the post's quality and length. So your comments on these last posts are rather more irritating than the sort usually are.

That was the first post... (between recent ones)

The second post? Take the segment that relates to your character. It's not a long post, or very hard to at least salvage a basic understanding of. The only thing I feel I really should've shortened down on was the first segment's being overly long on that Rujin used an area of effect rejuvination spell on Aji and Kaycee (so they could re-enter the RP) and how off-handed the mention that it took 20 minutes was.
The third segment I notice might have been a little misleading about how exactly the stairs were broken (it reached the plataeu, started up further, but stopped. Because the doorway and stained glass are on the plataeu 'like on second floor' they're accessable) That and the third floor room is just entirely weird (it's much bigger than possible by overlapping with what's outside of it.)
I didn't think that these would be serious issues. -.-'

And as I mentioned, they're not very long, and I don't spend a particularly large amount of time touching on any given thing. The only reason that the post ended up long-winded at all was because I did three different RP posts in one, more or less.

So yeeeeaaaahhh. Pretty good advice, but it so happens that I've had this pushed on me forever about explinations that would be entirely screwed over if I dropped any more detail.

Anyhow, that's enough about posts. Now that I'm on ranty mood, I'm going to cover something else.
My online frequency.

I'm really glad when I hear that I'm missed, (because of it meaning my being around is enjoyed) and I understand and like that people try to get an understanding of what's going on and attempt to help.

...That's not true when I have to hear 'Hey, get online more!' and 'You should get on MSN' or 'you should join this'...when I'm clearly not really so available.
I seriously should not have to explain why I'm bothered by this. It's fine to hear that mentioned as a gag a bit, but hearing along the lines of 'post already' and stuff for the 17th time is not so much old but more of something flatly offensive on a minor level.
Sometimes I am actually online, but I'm not really able/ready to post for some reason or another, so don't you dare bring it up that I might be online when I'm told this.

So...in closing. Whatever. I happen to still be in a no-RP mood, so have fun. I am NOT going to deal with coming to RP to take a break from my RL issues only to have needlessly long lived issues still harass me.

If entering the kitchen is going north, there's cabnets on the north and east walls except for the west-most part. West most part is a circular glass table with three chairs. On the southern wall, in order west-to-east sink, countertop, freezer and refridgerator.
As mentioned in previous IC posts, Aji and Kaycee should be rejuvinated at every possible angle, so they should have been recovered enough to be able to re-enter RP.
Back to top Go down
silinrul darastrix7
silinrul darastrix7

PostSubject: Re: Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.   Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 1:13 pm

Okay. There's obviously a lot of anger in your post. You kept a respectful distance from it though... sorta. That's noteworthy though, and for that I can at least thank you for trying to be mature about it. As Nova offered his own criticism, so shall I though in retort.

Well, I guess I can't retort to milking the whole "you're slow and never around" joke thing. Perhaps a little overdone. Hey, that's my nature though, can't help it, but neither will I argue for it. You're very right on this. Sorry if it seemed offensive, but it was never meant that way.

As for readability... well that's sorta a joke to, but also not. You know very well that people have hard times following your posts, and it's -not- just because they're long. I don't know about everyone else, but I try to read the whole thing of each and every post. To be certain it was not just me, I have also showed your writings to other people too, namely English students AND professors at college. For your sake, I won't say exactly what they did, but they agreed with me. Maybe you do not care for opinions of what you may call "the elite?" I've got friends outside of them too. Math students and professors, philosophy (this was the first guy I actually asked)... they said the same thing, though in a less detailed manner.

Know though that what Nova and I said isn't out of hate or malice in any way. I might not be able to speak for Nova on this issue, as I am not him, but I know that my mentioning of it is more in a joking manner. What is more important to me in an Rp is that the person tries. I don't care if you post one line, or a book. So long as you're trying to be interactive and have fun, well isn't that the point of an Rp in the first place?

Borderline offensive? Looking at things I can see how you say that, and if you think that I'm sorry, but see above: that's my nature, and continuing to do so gives my ammo to continually joke about it. Particularly in Nova's post, I actually saw him as being rather constructive in his criticism. Never once in my life have I been able to say that constructive criticism is a bad thing, and I did not believe so there. I still do not. Nova was trying to help, and that is no reason to damn his words. Sorry if it seemed offensive, but I never meant it that way, and I doubt he did either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.notarealsitedontclickthis.com
BreakNova

PostSubject: Re: Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.   Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyMon Sep 28, 2009 7:16 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa. First of all, I was very much trying to be constructive with your writing as I've always been. I'm by no means perfect myself, but I try to help others in the way I can. I never said your posts were too long. I said that you tend to over-describe. Wordy. Not saying that it's a horrible problem, but it is an issue that you should try to overcome by practicing writing sentences that flow easier when read and also try to use better words. J.R.R Tolkien for example was a very wordy writer, but he wrote Lord of the Rings, one of the first and most influential fantasy novels of all time. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway. That was not my intent. My intent was to give you some constructive criticism and help you develop your skills as a writer, not bash you because I might think I'm the expert. I'm not. I make mistakes too. Hell, even my novel has a few typos and areas that could use a comma or two and some areas that don't any. Even the best authors out there make typos and mistakes and have some sort of flaw about their writing.

As for the second issue about bothering you to post and what not, if I have, it wasn't out of irritation or an effort to nag you to death until you paid attention. Friends always pick on one another. Can you imagine how much crap I have to deal with on a daily basis at work because everyone in the shop believes I do live-action role play, play WoW, and call my house my 'lair' because a friend of mine spread that rumor? Or how about everyone's calling me by my pen name now as a joke and actually swapped my real name to my pen name on the tool accountability system. I thought that was pretty funny. It's only annoying if you let it get to you and don't realize that they're just having fun and they like you. The disadvantage is we're not speaking voice to voice, we're speaking to each other through text and you can't tell what tone we're using. You see us tease you and you are likely under stress so you take it the wrong way and that continues to build up until finally you've had enough and you go off on a rant to explain that you are angry and you need to address an issue. You could have just e-mailed one of us and expressed your feelings solemnly instead of letting that anger build up, Fil. We're friends, and we'd not mock you because you accidentally took something we said as offensive. So please, just take a breath, relax, and realize we're not trying to judge or harass you.
Back to top Go down
Evoneli
Admin
Evoneli

PostSubject: Re: Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.   Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 12:37 am

Same here Fil. I get where you're coming from. Life comes first, and thats why i took an Rp break. I needed to work on some things, and the pressure to post and know i was keeping everyone up was bothering me to much that Rping became more of a stress then something i enjoyed. When we get more people on here, that should help alot, as people wont have to rely on one single person to keep an Rp going, or they could be working on another Rp they are in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.crystalfyre.com
Filrena

PostSubject: Re: Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.   Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Ah, sorry to be brief, but I did read over all of the replies. Sorry about that, I guess I'm a little more strained than I really think of it as, and...bleh, with the bit on trying to make it less wordy and simpler, it didn't work anyway...*looks at rant* yeahhh...
Anyway, I'll try to make a better response later, but right now I checked here right before going somewhere. Oops. >.>;

Anyway, I probably will want to pass this specific turn anyway, just because Rujin's on her own business in the *omnimous voice* basement. She has a lot of ingredients but not easy/quick make meals. Lots of time alone in her life gave her enforced cooking lessons. >.>;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.   Yeahhh--no.  Not dealing with this MORE. Empty

Back to top Go down

Yeahhh--no. Not dealing with this MORE.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CrystalFyre Gaming and Communtity :: Old Archives ( Don't Expect Replies) :: Rants!*&%!-
Jump to: